"In the future, we’d like to improve our search quality by applying machine-learning, artificial intelligence and information retrieval techniques to problems such as:
- Extraction of structured information from the web
- Information synthesis (by pulling partial information from multiple documents to fulfill an information need)
- Learning of semantic concepts and using this to improve search
- Automatic development of vertical search services
- Answering of natural language queries
- Automatic machine-translation between language pairs
This underlines where Google wants to improve and grow moving forward. Looking at these bullet points, I’m wondering when someone (possibly Google itself, since they forbid automated querying) will plug a text-to-speech service on top of their engine.